Sunday, August 23, 2009

Roatan continued

I know, I know, I have waited far too long to update the blog. But because of church being cancelled for the temple dedication, I have some time to catch up on everything! I still want to finish up on Roatan, so here we go. One of the days that we were there, we rented some scooters for the day. It was only $1/hr!! So we rented them for 24 hours and we had so much fun. The island is 15 miles long and 3 miles wide, so we spent the entire day driving all over the island. It was so beautiful to see the views and very interesting to see the little village. We also went to the place where the cruise ships come in and see all the shopping over there. By the end of the day we smelled like exhaust and had sore backsides, but it was so amazing! We loved it. Below is just Nate and the open road!



As we mentioned before, some of Nate's friends were down there at the same time as us. We did some stuff together and some stuff apart. Here we are at a place called The View. It's a spot were you can see the ocean on either side if the island. Here we are with Carter, Ben, Nate Goodrich, me and Nate Fawcett.

One day when we were on the beach, we encountered a pick pocket. Luckily, I got a picture for evidence. This little boy ran up to Nate (I was walking behind him at the time). He grabbed the strap on his backpack to help himself catch up and immediately started unzipping all of the pockets and rummaging through them to see what he could get. Instead of defending the backpack, I decided to take some pictures. He didn't seem like much of threat. I was pretty sure we could out run him if he got away with some loot. After getting some pictures, I told him he better stop. Oddly enough, he didn't seem to care that I caught him. He rattled something off in some sort of Creole language and off he went. We thought it was pretty funny.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: