Sunday, August 1, 2010

Back in the Saddle

Pioneer Day marked my first race in about 4 years! I can't believe it's been that long since I've actually done one. I'm so glad I did it. My sister, Michelle invited Aileen and I up to Davis County(I know, it's a long way) to do her very first race. It was for the Bountiful Handcart Celebration. Michelle and I were able to run the whole race together and it was such a fun time. This is us a few yards from the finish line. Aileen came in right behind us.
They even gave out little medals to all the finishers. The cut up logs into inch thick circles and branded the logo onto them. They were perfect for Pioneer Day.
We were happy to be done!
Here is my personal little ribbon. I placed 2nd in my division of a whopping 4 people! I'm still proud of my ribbon and handcart "trophy".

I can't wait for my next race....possibly on my birthday!



7 comments:

kittens said...

First off: Good job us.
Second: Who was that man with the thunder thighs running in right behind you and with you in your other picture? Scary!
Third: Good job again! Now I'm eating cinnamon bears.

politicchic6 said...

Please invite me next year. I am good at racing.

Tracy said...

Good job on your race. I'm still a little sad that you didn't so it in pioneer dresses, but there is next year right?
I want to do another race too... but I am thinking a sprint triathlon. Would you want to do one with me? There is one in September in St. George. We could train together and we would be in amazing shape. :o)

Daisie said...

Nicole, you look great! I am so proud of you! It was fun to see pics of your family in the prior post! You are all such a fun cute bunch!!! Miss ya!

marilynl said...

Go Nicole! Go Michelle!

Les said...

That's so awesome!!

Mauri said...

good girl! and funny thing...those are justin's kids in the red/white/blue dresses cheering in your top picture...