Friday, July 2, 2010

Wedding Celebrations

Before the wedding post, I'd like to post some of the wedding prep stuff. About a month ago, I went to Logan for a couple of showers for Melissa. A few of the women in our ward growing up threw her a ward shower. That evening, our cousins and aunts threw a family shower. I love getting together with our extended family and this was a great reason to do it. As you can see, it was a fabulous time.
This is my mom and sisters after the shower. We spent a few hours tying a quilt for Melissa and Travis, which is a family tradition. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of the quilt but it turned out really cute.


The night before the wedding, the Dansereau's (Travis' family) had a family dinner. We got the chance to get to know his family and eat some great food. Here's Michael (brother), Steve (bro in law) and Nate shootin' the breeze.

The kids loved the Koi pond.
Nate and I enjoyed the festivities. We had a delicious dutch oven dinner made by Travis' brother in law and sister.
This is my mom and Grandma Gutke out on the patio getting stuff ready.



After dinner, we sat in a circle and gave them some marriage advice. Some of it was funny, some was serious and some was little...how can I say this? Inappropriate. My favorite part of the night was the look on my grandma's face when it was given. She looked horrified! Hilarious.
After that, things got a little crazy. I love how great Melissa and Travis are together.

We got a sibling picture at the end of the night. I love them! They are all so great.










7 comments:

Mindy said...

Look how adorable you are!!! I want you to buy clothes for me to wear!! :)

Mike said...

This is me leaving a comment. We're so cute. I had too much fun this weekend and didn't study enough.

Tracy said...

How fun! You are looking super hot. Love the outfit.

marilynl said...

Lots of fun. We had a great time!

Bev said...

I can't believe your little sister is married!! Remember when we set her and Peter up and we just sat there on your porch watching them leave your place?! Ha ha oh that was good times!

ps. i'll call you for lunch soon, so we can catch up, miss you!

pps. you look fantastic!

Nells-Bells said...

you look amazing, girl! glad to have found your blog and keep up with you. :)

Val Moir said...

You Lundbergs are all so cute and stylish (yes even Michael) Fun Pictures!